Friday, April 27, 2012

Smile

I have a very good friend who is always reminding me to smile. She will catch my eye in church, and smile really big, or leave a note at the piano for me to remind me to smile. When I was working at State Farm the office manager told me that when you answer the phone, smile. She said people can tell if you are smiling. I heard someone say once that their "good deed for the day" was going to be to smile at someone. I do my best to smile at everyone I see. I realized the other day as Jeff and I were walking that I say "good morning" and smile at everyone we see on our walk. ( 3.5 miles at 7:30 in the morning....not many smiling people) Often people will say "good morning" back, but few smile. I started paying attention the people in their cars ( I walk alot through the streets of Bedford now) and noticed that very few people smile. My imagination goes crazy imagining why they aren't happy ( oh, yes, I have a wild imagination. My parents always said I should write down my stories and dreams...lol) I thought about that coming home from church Sunday. I realized I wasn't smiling. Not because I wasn't happy, and I thought to myself....I wonder what people think when they see me in the car, with my husband, leaving church and NOT smiling. I was reminded of my friend, Grace, who is always reminding me to smile. So I did....I smiled. I know, now, one reason why its so important. I realize I smile alot. I see it every day when I put on the lotion for the smile lines all over my face. I've been blessed to have had many things to smile about! I realize there are times when it seems impossible to smile, but I've seen my friend smile on days this year that most people couldn't have smiled...no matter how hard they try. I know that God put that smile on her face, and he did it for all those people who needed to see her smiling.  Psalm 146:5 says "Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help,whose hopeis in the Lord his God;" Thats why she is so happy!
 Thank you, Grace, for smiling, and teaching me to smile. I love ya!
Remember the song..." You can smile when you can't say a word. You can smile when you cannot be heard. You can smile when it cloudy or gray. You can smile anytime any day". I'm not sure those are the exact words, but I love that song.

So all this rambling was just to say that this card was made when I was thinking about my friend. I smile every time I talk to her or spend time with her!

No comments:

Proverbs 3:6

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.