Saturday, June 4, 2011

A few cards between potential renters....lol

Memorial day Jeff had to work. It was sooo hot! I was in the shower for the 2nd time that day and I hear a loud rumbling and it felt like the entire apartment was shaking. I got out  of the shower and looked out the living room window to see a large group of motorcycles going down Middle Street. I then got dressed and looked out again to discover a parade! Yeah! What a pleasant suprise. I spent the next hour or so watching the parade while I sat in front of the fan! Here are a few pictures:


It seems I've been extra busy the past two weeks for some reason. Also three times in the past two weeks I've had to pack up all my card making supplies and put them away neatly so the landlord could show the apartment to potential renters. Ugh! Seems like I'd just get started on something and have to clean up. Two days this week it was so hot I spent the day in David's motel room in the A/C. I tried to take things with me to make cards, but always forgot something. Here area  few I made ....

This one I made for my sister -in-law to give to her husband. I used a stamp from a set I bought on clearance at Hobby Lobby and stamped it on kraft paper with brown ink. The inside says something like...."the man who makes our lives so wonderful" OH, I used the paisley stamp to stamp a background inside. I think I forgot to take a picture of the one I made for my niece to give her Dad...and it turned out so cute, too...ugh!

The young lady who has been teaching my cardio class bought a few of my cards. She is moving away and I wanted to make a few for her as a gift. These last 3 were for her.


Just basic cards. I was trying to make them late the night before she left.

I met my son's girlfriend today. She is a sweet girl. I plan on spending some more time with her while we are in Gettysburg. She only lives about an hour and a half away from here. It will be a good time for us to get to know eachother before we are too far apart. I pray they use all the wisdom they have been taught from God's word regarding dating and relationships. I know God will bless their relationship if they do. They seem to have so much in common....and they are just giddy about each other...lol!
I hope to be posting more often now....I think that last girl who looked at the apartment really wants it....so I can make a mess on the table and leave it messy...lol!
Mom, I know you are reading this...I love you!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

The parade looks like it was fun and interesting!

Your cards are all great! Sorry it's been so hot and you haven't had as much time to put into them.

I'm working on some Father's Day cards this week!

Proverbs 3:6

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.