Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Peek a boo card ,free stuff, and Independance Day!

This is my first attempt at a peek a boo card. I think this may be Meadows birthday card, so I'm going to adsds some bling on the front. I had so much fun making this. It is so easy, so I'll probably be making many more...

Here is the inside...minus the sentiment. I'll fill that in shortly before I mail it to Meadow!

Look what came today! Whoo hoo! my free Keurig Iced Coffee cup. Its very heavy duty including the straw. Bonus...its blue! I love blue!
I am forever getting free samples in the mail. I have a drawer at home full of samples of shampoo, conditioner, razors, lotions,etc. In the kitchen I have samples of cofee, spices, drink mixes...LOL!

Tomorrow is a busy day. Leaving early to meet a friend for breakfast & shopping an hour away. Will be great to spend some quiet time with her, catch up, and encourage each other. Girlfriends are important. I'm learning that more each day. God has blessed me with some wonderful girlfriends!
Church tomorrow night starts early for me as I'm trying to help a young lady learn to play piano. I pray I don't mess her up. I haven't had many lessons. I started playing for our church at age 12, and have played for the church for almost 30 years! My learning to play came through playing hymns over and over. I don't know much about technique or theory, but she wants to learn to play hymns and has already had 3 years of lessons (much more than me). Perhaps I'll learn from her too!
After church Jeff should be home from work. They are doing fireworks just a few blocks from our apartment. Yippee! I love fireworks! Will be fun to grab our chairs and walk to Fort Bedford to watch them!

I am thankful to God for allowing me to be born in America.
 I am happy to celebrate Independance Day! I think America has the meaning wrong.....seems they want to be independant from God. I don't think our founding fathers would be very happy with this. I believe they relied on God for wisdom in founding our country.
Too bad our leaders today don't turn to God and His Word for wisdom in making decisions.
I pray daily for our country. God bless the U.S.A.

No comments:

Proverbs 3:6

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.